Snort mailing list archives

Is there a bug with flexresp and UDP alerts?

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:01:06 +1200

Snort-2.00 under Redhat (but I see no mention of a fix in 2.01)

I'm using flexresp fine with TCP connections (with "resp: rst_all"), but
when I insert "resp: icmp_all;" into existing UDP alerts, they never trigger
the error packets: I know they don't trigger ICMP resets as tcpdump shows no
ICMP packets, and yet snort does the alert via syslog fine. i.e. the alert
works but no reset occurs.

Any ideas?

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417