Snort mailing list archives

Re: Messed up debian install of snort

From: Thomas Bechtold <CharlieBlue () gmx de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:32:29 +0200

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 04:20, Ryan Wenck wrote:
  Anyway to fix this so it will make the default snort.conf again?  I know
it did it the first time i installed it and I don't know why it's not just
doing it again.

Test at the console the command:
dpkg --purge snort

This will delete snort _and_ delete the configuration-files from snort. Snort
must be installed to do this. After this command snort is deleted and you can
install snort again.

Cheers!

Thomas Bechtold