Snort mailing list archives

OT: Guardian and PIX Firewall Problem

From: Björn Brombach <b.brombach () drachenfels de>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:14:30 +0200

Hi,
sorry for the ot question but i dont know anywhere else to ask as theres no
guardian forum.
I have installed SuSE 8.2, guardian 1.7, perl-Net-SSH-Perl-1.23,
String-CRC32-1.2 and of course snort and the other stuff.
What i am trying to do is that guardian should read the syslog files where
snort alerts are reported and then do shunning on the pix firewall using the
perl skript provided on the guardian page.
And the perl skript is where i am having the problem. Trying to use it
produces the following error:
"selected cipher type DES not supported by server."

I tried 3DES as well, same error. I extracted the connection part from the
skript and tried to connect to other linux boxes getting the same error.
This is what i used:

# !/usr/bin/perl
use Net::SSH::Perl;

$host="host";
$passwd="passwd";
$user="user";

my $ssh=Met::SSH::Perl->new($host);
my $ssh=Net::SSH::Perl->new($host,cipher=>'DES');
$ssh->login($user,$passwd);
$ssh->cmd("who");

When i use >ssh -c des -l user ip_add from the command prompt the connection
to the Cisco PIX and the other Linux boxes works perfect. So i dont
understand where the error is.
I hope someone has a clue or can point me to a link where i can get further
help.

Thanks for any replies
-bb