Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules updated?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 CMartin () infosol com wrote:

      Just wanted to get the word when the official rule sets get updated
with the rules to detect DCOM exploit as well as the worm associated with
the exploit (mblaster.exe).  I like the idea of adding the rule myself;
however, I wouldn't mind bringing my systems up to date by downloading the
rule sets with the new rules implemented.  I'm hoping the rule sets that are
on the site now are updated :)

Join the snort-sigs mailing list.  It's been posted numerous times over
the last few days.

And as for adding rules yourself:  Create a "my.rules" and place your
rules in there.  Then whenever you auto update rules, that won't get
overwritten.  Be sure and add it to the include lines at the bottom of
snort.conf.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams