Snort mailing list archives

please help me test my new rule updater...

From: Alessandro Salvatori <a.salvatori () universitari crocetta org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:54:25 +0200

Could anybody please send me his own modified ruleset to this address: <a.salvatori AT universitari.crocetta.org> (i've
got plenty of space in that account, don't worry :) ?

I'm writing a little new script that updates snort rules from snort.org

it's quite different from all the scripts that are avaiable at the time... it does use diff, sed, awk and keeps your
modified rules (increasing their sid value by 330000000)... it should work both with inline or multiline rules, and
should changes in the action field and behave fine.

i want to do some last tunings then i think i should make it avaiable to everybody... here you can come in a great
help! could you please send me your modified rules (rules from snort.org that you tuned to your needs)?
not only those you have modified... for me it's better if you tar your whole /etc/snort/rules
that way i can see how my script behaves in a wider range of cases.

thank you very much indeed
Alessandro Salvatori