Snort mailing list archives

Re: purging mysql logs for snort

From: "Dusty Hall" <halljer () auburn edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:49:57 -0500

Most will say phpMyAdmin, but it seems to slow for me, try these:

-- delete from event,iphdr,tcphdr,udphdr,icmphdr,opt,data where
sid='$sid' and cid='$cid'";
-- delete from acid_ag_alert where ag_sid='$sid' and ag_cid='$cid'
-- delete from acid_event where sid=$sid' and cid='$cid'

Here's a script to automate this;
 http://www.perlmonks.com/index.pl?node_id=247926

-Dusty

"Ahmad Masood Shah" <jahil () 66-uetclub com> 8/11/2003 7:58:47 AM

I'm using snort, acid, mysql. it seems to working great. now i want to
purge
some logs from snort database. I don't know how I can delete or purge
database for snort. it seems to be complex due to relationship of
tables.
can someone help regarding this.

--

Best Regs,