Snort mailing list archives

Kazaa P2P Rules

From: "Allan Dover" <allan () redwoods ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:07:19 -0400

Hey Erek and Gang,

I tried using the P2P rules, to catch Kazaa users on my network.  When using the p2p rules i see allot of port 25
activity for mail. usually a P2P Get command.  Anyone know a way of addressing Kazaa and Bearshare to be
monitored/triggered in Snort.

Allan Dover
Systems Administrator

This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended only for the use of the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any  printout thereof, immediately.
Your co-operation is appreciated.