Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with ACID

From: Marc Spitzer <mspitze1 () optonline net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:35:21 -0400

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:19:23 -0600
"Slighter, Tim" <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov> wrote:

FYI for everyone. I have located the catalyst for the deviant behavior
of this anomaly. A Snort, MySQL, ACID implementation does not work as
expected(at least for me) if using GTK and Gnome and using the web
browser from the same system. To be more specific, with Snort, MySQL
and ACID installed on the system, along with Apache and using the
Mozilla browser from the same system created the problems that we have
been experiencing.  However, using a client browser from a remote
system did not produce the unacceptable behavior. This could very well
be an isolated event but after working on this in every possible way
for weeks and getting the same results every time.....

mozilla is a known memory hog, did opera or links cause the same
problem?  What was the swaping like befor and after you loaded
mozilla?

marc
--
someone who should really be quite until he knows more.