Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to handle BPDU packet in Snort?

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:44:14 -0700 (PDT)

BPDUs are basic keepalives for STP (Spanning Tree Protocol, not
Stone Temple Pilots).  Since they work at L2 there is no way for
Snort to not see them short of turning STP off, which you can do
if you have a very simple infrastructure and are CERTAIN that no
switching loops will occur.  I see no reason to worry about
Snort or TCPDump seeing these.

--- Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com> wrote:
Please fill us in on what BPDU is and what you want to be able
to do
with it.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
 "Not everyone holds these truths to be self-evident, so we've

=====