Snort mailing list archives

ERROR: Please activate spp_conversation before trying to activate spp_portscan2

From: Kit Massengill <KitM () FirstEquipment com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:40:11 -0500

Hi,

The Stuff: Linux RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27, PHP4.12, Snort 2.0

Snort was running before (after I upgraded from 1.9.1), but, evidently, I
jacked with something unbeknownst to me...........
alright, I don't remember what I did in the middle of futzing with the
system.  Anywho, I don't see anything obvious in my set-up, so now it's time
for another set of eyes (brains?).

Here's what happens when I try to start Snort now:

...snip...

http_decode arguments:
    Unicode decoding
    IIS alternate Unicode decoding
    IIS double encoding vuln
    Flip backslash to slash
    Include additional whitespace separators
    Ports to decode http on: 80
rpc_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32771
    alert_fragments: INACTIVE
    alert_large_fragments: ACTIVE
    alert_incomplete: ACTIVE
    alert_multiple_requests: ACTIVE
Using GMT time
telnet_decode arguments:
    Ports to decode telnet on: 21 23 25 119
ERROR: Please activate spp_conversation before trying to activate
spp_portscan2
Fatal Error, Quitting..
[FAILED]

Thanks in advance, and I'm already pouring.

Kit Massengill
 HYPERLINK "mailto:KitM () FirstEquipment com" KitM () FirstEquipment com

---
Crt