Snort mailing list archives

RE: Two items that are hard to digest...

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:30:23 -0400

As a public clarification, this post was not intended to be an attack on Michael Steele or silicon defense, merely critical of the practice of exchanging a lot of critical email over something that can be fixed with a short and quickly developed patch. (something Michael clarified already exists).

I apologize for any misinterpretations my post may have lead people to make.

Of course, with all the effort you've put into complaining about it, you could have fixed the issue, and politely offered a patch to the developers.

And yes, I could have done so as well, but I have no commercial interest in the workability of the win32 port.