Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: snortcenter ccomunication.

From: edison marques <noside_and_cream () yahoo com br>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:44:46 -0300 (ART)

 --- Erick Mechler <emechler () techometer net> escreveu:
:: The communication error is:
::
:: curl: (7) socket error: 111
::
:: I manage to poorly solve this by unistalling and
:: installing the snortcenter agent again on the
sensor
:: whith the exact configuration as before (login
and
:: password).

If you run curl on the command line (from your
snortcenter server) and try
to connect to your agent, what errors does it give?
What version of curl
are you using?

Cheers - Erick

If I run curl from the command line in the attempt to
connect with my agent I get the same error:

curl: (7) socket error: 111

It doesn't tell me anything else.

The version of curl I'm using is:

curl 7.9.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL
0.9.6b) (ipv6 enabled)

Thank for the interest in my problem
Edison Marques