Snort mailing list archives

RE: FW: /etc/init.d/snort file, Snort 1.9.1

From: Elvira_Byrnes () mobileinnovations com au
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:04:24 +1000

Hi John

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I tried that option already and it didn't
work. I have found an article saying that this error comes from using a
Windows made file on a Linux machine. This is what I did. I copied the file
in Windows from Internet and then copied it to Linux. Windows apparently
puts extra carriage returns that you can't see. The utility dos2unix changes
the file so it can be used by Linux. The file worked fine after that.

Regards

Elvira