Snort mailing list archives

Re: No output to ACID

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 14:02:53 +0200

Hi there,

I don't mean to sound rude, but this type of question has been answered
on the list quite a few times, here[0] for example.
Anyways:

database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = *****
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 192.168.0.2
Node unique name is: 192.168.0.2
database:   sensor name = 192.168.0.2
database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort@jj.mandrake'
(Using password: YES)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I am unsure why I am getting this access denied message for mysql? is
that the problem?
Your snort can't connect to the mysql-db on 192.168.0.2, because the
user snort@jj.mandrake ist not allowed to do so.

How can I solve this?
Try to connect to your msyql-db FROM YOUR SNORT HOST like
mysql -h192.168.0.2 -usnort -p
and enter the passwd you configured.
If that's not working, you've a password/permissions problem.
Then you need to assign the proper permissions to that user on your
system. Check out [0] for some examples, or look at [1]- very nifty.

[0] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104448820502192&w=2
[1] http://www.superhac.com/index.html
--
Joerg Weber