Snort mailing list archives

Clean DB && Barnyard Start

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 12:24:45 +0200

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled across the following:
I dropped the ACID-DB from a Test-Install and re-created. Then fired up
my configured && running snort plus barnyard, and noticed that I won't
get events logged.
Checking out the DB, I saw that everything's logged just fine. Only
thing missing was the sensor ID.
So, I changed my output plugin, started snort with logging directly into
MySQL, re-changed the config to unified-logging with barnyard and all's
well.

Something done wrong on my side, or is it a known issue that you have to
have snort running at least once to log directly into the DB before
using barnyard?

Cheers,

Joerg

PS: Versions used are
Barnyard Version 0.1.0 (Build 17) and
Version 1.9.1 (Build 231) (till I find time to upgrade to 2.0 ;>)

--
Joerg Weber
Network Security

infoServe GmbH