Snort mailing list archives

RE: Dual Alerts ?

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:38:52 -0400

In earlier Win32 versions of Snort (prior to 2.0 rc3 or so?!), the '-s'
parameter (at least in Win32) was somewhat busted, but I understand that
it's been fixed.  I also seem to remember posts on this list about '-s'
being busted in non-Win32 platforms, but again, I think it's now fixed.

As a FYI:  I patched my 1.8.7 and 1.9.0 versions so that '-s' didn't
override the output plugin statements in snort.conf.

So, are you still getting duplicate (dual) alerts in ACID and syslog or is
everything straight now?

- Christopher