Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Windows - not working with ISDN Adapter

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:02:02 -0700

Mirko,

Set:

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108/32

Or

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108

This will ONLY monitor that machine.

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108/24

This will monitor the complete 217.2.43.xxx network (class C)

To choose the NIC to monitor use "snort -W"

Then :

Snort -c <full path>\snort.conf -l <full path>\log -ix

In the above switch -ix the 'x' is the interface that you want snort to
monitor, and using the -W switch will get you a list of avaiable NIC's that
snort may monitor on.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company

  _____