Snort mailing list archives

Re: Best OS

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:52:01 +0200

Hi,

hard to tell but as far as I'm informed Snort is being developped on
FreeBSD and Sourcefire is deploying it on OpenBSD (right?), or something
like that. So these OS' may be the first ones you want to look at. I use
it on Linux boxes and that`s fine for me so far.

Nevertheless use the OS you're most familiar with. Using OS you don't
know may be dangerous due to the possible misconfiguration.

Regards,

Edin

Ryan Finnesey wrote:
I hope I do not start a OS war but I would like to know what people
feel is the best OS to run snort on.

--
Edin Dizdarevic