Snort mailing list archives

interpreting logs...

From: "Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere () ezemcanada com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:08:08 -0400

Hi all,
        I'm a newbie in the IDS scene and its my first try to snort. So i
apologize to ask a newbie question on the list (and this quesion probably
bee answered millions of times) but i can find anything in the archives
about what i'm looking for.

Is there a web site where i can find a description on how to "understand"
the log file created by snort? I want to understand what is showed up, there
is some informations that are obvious, but some don't.

(in fact i would like to know what the priority value mean...)

Thanks in advance

M. Bruyere