Snort mailing list archives

Ignore host

From: "David Scott" <davidscott () mtgroup com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:19:15 -0500

I'm trying to ignore traffic from a particular host, but ONLY for a specific
set of rules (PORN.RULES). I want to use the syntax

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> [$HOME_NET,!10.195.1.195/32] any
(msg:"PORN alt.binaries.pictures.erotica";
content:"alt.binaries.pictures.erotica"; nocase; flags:A+; classtype:porn;
sid:1836; rev:1;)

Where I've added !10.195.1.195/32 to the standard $HOME_NET variable. Is
this acceptable? Is this the most efficient way to do this?

David Scott
Memphis Technology Associates
http://www.perimeterdefenses.com