Snort mailing list archives

RE: OT: Help with Barnyard

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gcunnin2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:15:31 -0400

Ralf,

I need to pass a --with-mysql-libraries=DIR to the configure and have been
unable to do so using the rpmbuild util.  Without it I get:

checking for mysql_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/lib/mysql

How difficult would it be to make the RH7.3 RPM?  Does everyone go through
this with Barnyard, or is there something "special" with my installation?

- Gordon