Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT- Can anyone recommend a log parser for cisco?

From: "Dusty Hall" <halljer () auburn edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:34:51 -0500

David,

  I just installed this a couple of days ago...  Although the db
queries get slow when the database get over a couple million rows it
works great..

http://sourceforge.net/projects/msyslog/
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-138.html

-Dusty

David Gianndrea <dgianndrea () comsquared com> 4/9/2003 4:10:15 PM

It has become painfully apparent that I need some sort
of log parser for  syslog messages. Im looking for
an open source log manager / reporter that will help me
do a better job of watching messages coming from our
firewall with out having to spend weeks learning
to tweaking it. Maybe with a web front end, something
along the lines of Acid would be cool!

Anybody know of one?

--
David Gianndrea
Senior Network Engineer

Email:   daveg () comsquared com
Web:     www.comsquared.com

debugger
for complex code. Debugging C/C++ programs can leave you feeling lost
and
disoriented. TotalView can help you find your way. Available on major
UNIX