Snort mailing list archives

getting error when using -s

From: "snort snort" <snort001 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:01:56 +0000

Hi,

since snort 1.9.x series, and now 2.0.0rc1, I am getting errors with using the -s option. Before 1.9.x I used to initialize snort with the basic snort -des -c ./snort.conf , but now when I try it, I get the help information (with all options) and :

Uh, you need to tell me to do something...
: No such file or directory

If I change to snort -c ./snort.conf -des bogon, I get the initial snort information, but in the end I get:
Version 2.0.0rc1 (Build 61)
By Martin ...
(null)(0) => No arguments to alert_syslog preprocessor !

The question is: How can I make Snort log to default syslog (/var/log/messages) ?

Thanks,

jeff

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online. http://messenger.msn.com.br