Snort mailing list archives

Re: certificate verify error

From: Jill Tovey <jill.tovey () bigbluedoor com>
Date: 09 Apr 2003 11:19:34 +0100

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 19:56, Erick Mechler wrote:
:: curl -k https://jj.mandrake/snortcenter/sensor.php?
::
:: It seems to work (i.e doesn't return any errors)

I think I am just going to start again with these certificates and
create some more...

So, If I can just verify what I need to do:

/usr/bin/openssl genrsa -out ssl.key 1024

to generate a private key, and then:

/usr/bin/openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key ssl.key -out ssl.cert

to generate a certificate using the key.

and then where is the best place to put ssl.key and ssl.cert?
(my apache httpd.conf is in /etc/httpd/conf/)
Do I also need to generate another file from these two for the
SSLCACertificateFile ?

And then when I add the pointers to certificates etc to httpd.conf like
this:

<VirtualHost https://jt.mandrake:443>
        SSLEngine on
        SSLVerifyClient 2
        SSLVerifyDepth 10
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.cert
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key
        SSLVerifyClient require
        SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.cert
</VirtualHost>

I get an error on the line that is
<VirtualHost https://jt.mandrake:443>

saying ":port must be numeric"