Snort mailing list archives

new snort.conf

From: "Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl () umb com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:54:27 -0600

In looking at the new rc2 that's out, I'm wondering if there's supposed
to be any stuff in the snort.conf about the "config detection:" stuff.
I believe this is where the no_stream_inserts and search-method (my
favorite) stuff goes.

Also... any sort of performance stats yet done for the two different
methods?  Specifically... how much more memory are you likely to
sacrifice with a standard setup, and which one is likely to perform
better given enough memory to be had?

Thanks,
 CJK