Snort mailing list archives

UPNP alerts

From: Keg <snrtlst () netscape net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:45:13 -0400

I have a couple of workstations generating alerts regarding the UPNP service discover attmpt....surely my forst though was that those are xp stations with UPNP enabled, they are indeed but UPNP is disabled on both workstaions, set to manual startup. Any idea why would disbaled service cause such an alerts?
Thanks.