Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Barnyard questions

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:13:38 -0400

Gordon Cunningham wrote:
I’ve got a machine with several NICs running multiple instances of snort,
successfully logging to separate uni alert and log files.  However, I can’t
seem to run multiple instances of barnyard with multiple conf files to get
those logs entered into SQL for ACID reporting, etc.  Is there some trick I’
m missing, or should I have all snort instances report to the same log
files?  Details upon request.

Use the "-X <pidfile>" command line option with Barnyard to get it to
use a different PID file for each instance.

-A