Snort mailing list archives

Re: newbie rules Q

From: Darryl Luff <dluff () iitscdm com au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:08:59 +1000

Hi,

The comment on the 'snortrules-stable' download page says that these rules work with snort 1.9.x, but this is not true. The snortrules-stable package has already been updated for version 2. So you need to download snort 2.

SNORT wrote:

hello,
when applying new rules i get some strange results.... I copy the new rule dir into the snort dir. Restart snort and then it happens.. i get a lot of: snort:warning: ../rules/rpc.rules(141) => unknown keyword 'byte_jump' in rule! over 50 of them. What am i doing wrong!? Do i need to edit the snort.conf file....or Please help out a newbie. ;) P