Snort mailing list archives

Re: Part of traffic matching wrong rule

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:18:44 -0400

Juergen Anthamatten wrote:
I have the strange behaviour in snort that part of the traffic is matching
the wrong rule.

[snip]

Is this a missconfiguration, or ??? TIA for any hints.....

There were a few bugs in the released version of Snort 2.0 with regards to rule ordering. These should all be fixed in the CVS version. Can you try upgrading and seeing if these alerts go away?

-A