Snort mailing list archives

Re: Malware Identified (window size 55808)

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:37:33 -0700

(Oops, I replied to the wrong thread last time)

ISS's work was based on a paper written by Dave Meltzer.  Meltzer, being
the individual who discovered the Linux binaries in the wild, has already
said the binaries he found do not match the behavior of the traffic we've
all been seeing.

In other words, they're A source, not THE source.

- -Jeff

- --On Saturday, June 21, 2003 12:14:08 -0400 Michael Wright