Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort with three interfaces attached to diferent network segment

From: "Mike Feetham" <mike.feetham () percepta-crm com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:34:02 -0400

If you want to be 100% sure your Snort machine doesn't route traffic
then you will have to power it off.  Since that's not very pratical for
IDS, the next best option is to NOT configure IP addresses on any of
your promiscuous interfaces.  That's still not perfect, but it's much
harder to hack what you can't see.