Snort mailing list archives

Re: install 2.0.0

From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <snort-users () ols inorganic org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:11:28 -0700

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 03:11:14PM +0200, Julien VARLET wrote:
database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort
[...]
the mysql database is present, the contrib/create_mysql was run and
the
tables are present, i ran './configure --with-mysql' 'make' 'make
install'.

i have this error but i compiled with --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql
(directory of my mysql libraries)
when i make a ldd on the binary, the line libmysqlclient.so.12 =>
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 does not appear ....

can you help me pls ?

I've in general been using an argument to --with-mysql that contains the
directory 'mysql' that contains the libraries; in your case, that would
be --with-mysql=/usr/lib, but I'm actually looking at the configure
script, and I suspect something else is going on.  Around line 6540, it
does this:
---
 for i in $mysql_directory; do
    if test -r $i/include/mysql/mysql.h; then
      MYSQL_DIR=$i
      MYSQL_INC_DIR=$i/include/mysql
    elif test -r $i/include/mysql.h; then
      MYSQL_DIR=$i
      MYSQL_INC_DIR=$i/include
    fi
  done
---

($mysql_directory is set around line 6528 to whatever you specified with
--with-mysql).

So it looks like the real test here is not for the existence of the
library, but the header files, and I've simply been lucky because all of
my MySQL installation is in one place.  What that means for you is that
you should find where mysql.h is installed and, if it's in a directory
called 'mysql', specify the parent of *that* directory or, if it's not
in a directory called 'mysql', specify the directory it's in.

Make sense?

-roy