Snort mailing list archives

Too many alerts

From: "Egal A Egal - SA" <egale () comtrust ae>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:42:34 +0400

Hi&help;
I have installed Snort 1.9.1 on RedHat 8.0..! It is working just great except for too many alerts that I get which are
just overwhelming my screen. These I believe are false postives but I want them to STOP. Please help me in stopping
these. Ofcourse I don't want to unload the rules therefore any other solution is welcome.

The messages are:
"SCAN UPNP service discover attempt"
"nessus MISC xdmcp info query" (I think I know this because I use cygwin XWin.exe to connect to this server over X and
this started after using this)
"X11 MIT Magic Cookie detected" (probably because of the same reason above...XDM)...

Thanks,
EGAL

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.