Snort mailing list archives

RE: Clearing the snort database

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:00:44 -0500

I doubt the database is "full".  What's probably happening is that ACID
can no longer load its tables in a reasonable amount of time.  The
bigger the database, the slower ACID loads.

Frankly I think you should call the consultant and ask him to finish the
job.  Otherwise you are going to have to learn what each of the tables
do and which have data that you can delete and which don't.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member