Snort mailing list archives

RE: Notes regarding success with snort 2.0 on low end hardware

From: "Petriz, Pablo" <ppetriz () siscat com ar>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:39:48 -0300

Hello Matt

I am a "low end hardware" user too, and i want to know if you can extend
your case a little bit and explain us (the non so technical users of snort)
which are the pros, cons and howtos of the things you've set up to do it.

"I had set up snort by disabling conversation and portscan2, used the lowmem

config option and the -k none command line parameter and tuned the ruleset
slightly. The process consumed a relatively meager 13mb of ram."

Thank you very much

PABLO