Snort mailing list archives

File size limit exceeded

From: Joecat28 () aol com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:03:59 -0400

Hello, I know this has appeared in the past, but the archives were not very helpfull.  When running snort 2.0.0 on
RedHat 9.0 I get the message "File size limit exceeded."  The alert file is only about 500mb and there is no .login
file with the line "file size limit x".  Is this because of libpcap?  How can i reconfigure it with the big file size
option?  Is this something to do with RedHat? Any help would be apreciated.
PS the comp is spec are fine, dual P4 3 GHz, 85 Gb, 1Gb Ram, so it must be some software.

Thanks in advance,
=Joecat