Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to disable "Short UDP packet, length field" alert?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:49:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, sb ch wrote:

I would like to disable this function, but I can't find any rule file
related.

It's not from a rule.  It's from the snort_decoder.  Check the comments
inside of snort.conf that come after these lines:

  # Configure the snort decoder:
  # ============================

So this alert has nothing related rule files.
How can I disable this logging?
Surely, I did like below, but alerts are continued.

var HOME_NET any ![210.xx.xx.xxx]
var EXTERNAL_NET any ![210.xx.xx.xxx]

I don't think you're setup right with those variables.  I'm guessing that
the network you want to watch is 210.xx.xx.xx.  If so, you might consider
changing that to:

        var HOME_NET 210.xx.xx.xx
        var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

I think that would make the rules fire in a more sane manner.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams