Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems installing SNORT

From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <snort-users () ols inorganic org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:06:14 -0700

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:01:56PM -0400, Robert Kane wrote:
running ./configure yields success and the reports:

checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... yes
checking for mysql... yes
checking for compress in -lz... yes  <------- NOTICE this
[...]
/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x12a): In
function `my_uncompress':
: undefined reference to `uncompress'

It -feels- to me as though while libmysqlclient is linked against libz,
it doesn't know where the libz file is, probably because libz is in a
'non-standard location.'  One way to test for this is to set
LD_LIBRARY_FLAG to include the location of the libz library.  Another
way is to figure out what your OS's way to redefine 'the standard
location for libraries' is and add the directory where libz is.

Good luck! Maybe someone who's competent will chime in!

-roy