Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems with Snort and MySQL on FreeBSD 5

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:18:40 -0500

Don't hit me, OK?  You *did* run "make install" after "make
-DWITH_MYSQL" didn't you?  And you used "-DWITH_MYSQL" not "DWITH-MYSQL"
(which is what you typed in this message), right?

If so, it should be working, assuming you have created a user for mysql
with the correct grants and you've placed that user's id and pass in the
snort.conf file.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas