Snort mailing list archives

Problems with Acid and MySQL

From: edward.hawkins () acuitysp com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:36:02 -0400

I am a newbie to installing snort.  I have run into some problems and was
wondering if someone could shed some light on this for me.

I am using Snort Enterprise Implementation created by  Steven J.Scott.  I am
running into problems on page 17 http://localhost/acid/index.html
<http://localhost/acid/index.html> .
            I enter in my username and password and I am in. But I get an
error message that  States " Warning: Client does not support authentication
protocol requested by server. Consider upgrading MySQL client in
/var/www/html/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 240" ( look at line
240 and its completely foreign to me)

At the bottom of the error screen I get another error "Error Connecting to
DB: snort@localhost"
I have went back and checked to make sure my information was correct in
acid_conf.php my database and password information are correct.

I am running mysql 4.1.x.x
If someone can shed some light on this it would be great....thanks

Edward Hawkins