Snort mailing list archives

Re: Was my host hijacked?

From: Luiz-Otavio Zorzella <z0079 () zorzella com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:25:30 -0700

Matt Kettler wrote:

What source and destination ports were used? This will tell you a whole lot more about what is really going on.

Cool... I think the events were, indeed, just normal web surfing and "bind" stuff.

For example, the events to 64.141.14.2 are likely just you surfing websites and opening pages with lots of images on them.

I think that was not the case... Which begs the question: is there a way to make SNORT less "frightened" -- i.e. to increase a threshold?

Zorzella