Snort mailing list archives

RE: Noob question on snort.conf

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 20:55:26 -0700

You need to read the Snort documentation and take each one at a time.

If you have:

var HOME_NET 172.16.0.1/30

and remove the hash mark from this next line:

var HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET

The above line will translate with no changes, to:

var HTTP_SERVERS 172.16.0.1/30

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels () winsnort com