Snort mailing list archives

adding additional sensor to ACID

From: "Ghercoias, Catalin" <CGhercoias () TWEC COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:45:05 -0500

Look at your snort.eth1.conf file. There should be a line like this below:

output database: log, mysql, user=your_user password=your_password
dbname=your_database host=your_host port=3306 sensor_name=Your_sensor_name
detail=full

Change the name of the sensor with something else. Once this is done and an
alert will be triggered on the second snort box you should see that in ACID.
You'll be having 2 sensors and alerts will go separately in database
according to the sensor they originated from.

Thank you,
___________________________
Catalin Ghercoias
Web/Security System Administrator
Office Phone: +(518) 452-1242 Ext.7435
Fax: (518) 452-4768
Mail: Catalin Ghercoias <mailto:cghercoias () twec com>
website: http://www.fye.com <http://www.fye.com/>
The content of this communication is classified as Transworld Entertainment
Confidential and Proprietary Information.The content of this communication
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this
communication then delete it from your system. We appreciate your assistance
in preserving the confidentiality of our correspondence. Thank you.

Message: 9