Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-snmp for snort-2.0.0

From: Glenn Mansfield Keeni <glenn () cysols com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:04:49 +0900

David,
David Powell wrote:
Trying to install SNMP support on Snort 2.0.0.  Web page has a lot of broken
links.  I've viewed it on Netscape 7.1 on RD 9.0 and XP on IE 6.0.  And the
download links just aren't there.

Link @ http://www.cysol.co.jp/contrib/snortsnmp/SnortSnmp-2.0.0-01.gz
Thanks for pointing that out. The correct link is
         http://www.cysol.co.jp/contrib/snortsnmp/SnortSnmp-2.0.0-01.tgz

Another question I have.  Do I first download and install this binary from
Sourceforge SNMP site before I load the SNMP plug-in?  Or is the plug-in all
I need in Snort 2.0.0?
You will need the snmp libraries. The SnortSnmp plugin does not contain the
snmp libraries.
From the README.SNMP
[QUOTE]
Requirements:
   The plugin requires the net-snmp (or ucd-snmp) libraries and header files.

   You will need to download and install the net-snmp (ucd-snmp)
   package before you try to install this plugin. The package can be
   downloaded from http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

[End QUOTE]

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/net-snmp/net-snmp-5.0.8-Linux_2.4.19_i686
.tar.gz?download