Snort mailing list archives

way for test snort ?

From: payothlh <payothlh () club-internet fr>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:40:03 +0200

Hi gang,

I have installed Snort-Acid-Mysql-etc ....etc..... on Solaris9

All is OK and I am very happy with.

But now, I must test it quickly.
What is the best way for that ?
How do you test  effectively each rules in a quick way ?

I had a look on the prog snot but I haven't very confidence for adopt it quickly without have a look on the source code quickly.

As second query, how do you phohibit the usage of prog as snot by an internal user ?
He can generate several thousands alert just for fun.
Of course, as it's an internal user, it's possible to go see it directly.
But, is there an protection for this if the type of Denial Of Service was made by an external user ( or an external user spoofing an internal user ) ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and councils.

Guillaume