Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID displaying 0 Sensors

From: "Brian Gregorcy" <bgregor () dcti com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:00:59 -0600

That is normal until you get an alert,

Are you on the same network as the sensor.  If so you may need to add an
alert in order to get ACID to display a message.  You need to
etc/rules/local.rules file and add this line:
alert ip !$HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"LOCAL ACIDTEST";)

This should generate tons of alerts in acid,

good luck