Snort mailing list archives

can't use the connection after the start of snort

From: jjeux <jjeux () club-internet fr>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:35:28 +0200

Hi gang,

I use Snort2.0 with WinPCap2.3 on W2Ksp3.

my "snort -W" is :

1  \Device\Packet_{6A084587AA-F817-47EC-9D9B-0BDF95E1AEA3} (NDIS 5.0 driver
2 \Device\Packet_NdisWanIp (NdisWan Adapter)

When I start Snort as follow :

snort -c t:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -l t:\Snort\log -i2 -dve

or even with :

snort -i2 -dve

Then, I can't use my internet connexion (no ftp, no browser, no mail, no iCQ, etc ....). I see several packets in the output of snort but I can't use my connection for something else. Why ? Where am I missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

GR