Snort mailing list archives

snort-replay problem-urgent

From: Vaidehi Kasarekar <vaidehi_30 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am a graduate student, and i am working in IDS.
Yesterday i came across the replay tool for snort.
(snort-1.9.0-replay-0.1). I downloaded it with
snort1.90. However it is giving some compilation
errors.
I am following the instructions written in the ReadMe
file.

When ever i patch it with the relay.diff file, i
cannot make snort 1.90.
As a result, the binary snort does not get compiled
woth the -Y option to replay.
The error i am getting is:
replay.c
replay.c: In function `ReplayPkt':
replay.c:107: void value not ignored as it ought to be
replay.c:123: void value not ignored as it ought to be
replay.c:73: warning: `ret' might be used
uninitialized in this function
make[3]: *** [replay.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/vaidehi/snort-1.9.0/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/vaidehi/snort-1.9.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/vaidehi/snort-1.9.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[vaidehi@base-station snort-1.9.0]$

I am sure i am using compatible versions. (snort1.9
for the downloaded snort-replay 0.1)

It would be great if you throw some light on how
should i slove the problem.

Sincerely
-Vaidehi