Snort mailing list archives

RE: Couldn't resolve hostname HOME_NET

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:16:47 -0400

Carlos,

A couple of things:

1) The definition of EXTERNAL_NET should be 'var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET' --
you missed the $ sign required for macro/variable expansion.

2) Unless you're using multiple networks in the definition of HOME_NET, you
don't need the brackets.  That is, use 'var HOME_NET 10.0.0.66/27'

I'm betting that it's the mis-defined EXTERNAL_NET that is causing you
problems in your rules file.

HTH,

- Christopher