Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.0 + mysql, Make problems

From: Mahdi Kefayati <kefaiati () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

In the Name of the Dearest
Hi all
I'm installing snort 2.0 + mysl-client + mysql-devel to run a sensor, but i faced some problems in make command
although ./configure ran successfully. First i tried mysql-3.23.5? but it failed so i upgraded to mysql-4.0.1 but still
it failed to make. surprisingly i had mysql 3.23.5? on another old box running snort 1.9.1 and when i upgraded i faced
no problem. and finally i note that make complaines about a function in some library about mysql. if anybody needs more
detail ask for it please.
by the way i'm running redhat linux 8.0 and i installed it with almost no package but gcc, automake and autoconf. I
think some package is missing, but what? I don know :D

Regards,
Mahdi Kefayati